Winter Recess and Wintersession
Winter Recess is the time period between the end of the fall term and the start of the spring term. It encompasses the period of time when the College is closed to students, as well as the week before classes begin, Wintersession, during which enrichment programming is offered. We anticipate that some students will return to campus for Wintersession, while others may choose to explore off-campus activities for the entire break. Whatever your decision, we hope that you will use this period in ways that are most beneficial to you.
Winter Break Housing Application Deadlines
Students who wish to remain on campus between December 21 at (5:00 p.m. Houses, 3:00 p.m. Yard) and January 15 must apply and receive approval. Campus is open to all undergraduates for Wintersession starting on January 16; no application necessary. Deadlines for housing applications (for being on campus between 12/21 and 1/15):
- Friday, October 24 (no fee; notification by first week of November)
- Friday, November 21 ($50 late fee; notification by Friday, November 28)
- Friday, December 5 ($75 late fee; notification by Friday, December 12)
- No application will be accepted after Friday, December 5.
Program proposal deadline
- Monday, December 8
Other Important dates
- Sunday, December 21, 2014: Winter Recess begins
- Friday, January 16, 2015: Wintersession begins
- Monday, January 26, 2015: Spring Term begins